Yikes. WHAT. Yes, Scottish brewers BrewDog have brewed the strongest beer in existence at 55% ABV called The End of History. And then they put in in squirrels and stoats (whatever the hell those are). What a really great idea! It’s very surprising that MillerCoors and Budweiser didn’t pioneer this trend first by sticking kegs in deer carcasses. Or that Redbull didn’t stick a can inside a mouse, slap a sombrero on it and call it The Speedy Gonzales. What the hell big beverage manufacturers, I’M DOING YOUR WORK FOR YOU.
But again, I say: WHAT. I mean sure, by all means brew stronger and stronger beers (as long as they taste good). I encourage beverage makers to push the limits of what’s possible, everyone wins. But when you do that, and only make 12 of them and THEN sell it for £500-£700 (which I think is like $5000 American) do you really need the added gimmick of sticking it inside an animal? It’s not that I care about killing the animals, it’s just…who is your target market, guys? Judging from your almost unwatchable promotional video, I’d guess rich dudes with severe emotional and social problems.
No offense to the BrewDog guys, I’m sure you make great beer, I’m just mystified by your strategy. That said, I’m writing about it so maybe your plan is working. Doh!
HOWEVER, this has given me an idea for a great new game, beverages in dead animals! Here’s mine:
- 5 Hour Energy Shot inside a hummingbird
- Can of V8 inside a turnip (for the vegetarians, UGH)
- Bottle of Hypnotiq inside a chinchilla
- Bakon Vodka bottle inside a piglet (but that one’s a no-brainer)
- Bottle of Cristal inside a peacock (full plumage on display, obvs)
- Johnnie Walker Blue inside a white tiger cub (only to make the size match)
- Galliano bottle in a giraffe (because TALL)
- Champagne bottle in a goose neck, plate on back for foie gras. Elegant!
“Sorry little buddy, but you’re just the right size!”
That’s all I’ve got. Add yours in the comments!
via :: Eater
2 Responses to “The End of History: 55% Beer in a Squirrel”
Leave a Reply
XHTML: You can use these tags:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>